Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Why the 508?


The Furnace Creek 508 is one of the hardest ultrabike races in the country. Next to the RAAM (Race Across America) and RAW (Race Across the West) it is my opinion the third hardest races in the country.

The 508 www.the508.com benefits the Challenged Athletes Foundation a charity that raises money to help people with physical disabilities pursue and active lifestyle through physical fitness and competitive athletics.www.challengedathletes.org
The reason I choose this years event is that it basically presented itself to my by my partners teammate backing out of the event. I always wanted to do this event but knew I need an experienced teammate to help with the logistics and race strategies. Tough a little late to start specific training for the event the opportunity presented itself and my family and I committed to making it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment